The “Tournoi des 6 Stations” (Six Resorts Tournament) is a rugby 7s tournament played on snow, organized in the French Alps by Yann DELAIGUE (former international French Rugby player) from the 12th to the 18th February 2018. Former international and non-professional rugby players will participate in the tournament that will take place across six ski resorts of Savoie and Haute Savoie.
Each day of the week, the 6 stations village will be installed on the snow front. They will be in Valmorel the 14th of February.
- 9am: Opening of the village, start of the animations
- 3pm-4pm: snow rugby initiation supervised by Brian Liebenberg and other international players and sponsored by UNSS - registrations at the tournament welcome tent
- 5.30pm: animations on the village before the start of the tournament
- From 6.30pm: Tournoi des 6 Stations with 3 matchs of 16 minutes each
- 8pm: 3rd Half in the Tournament Partner Bars
The beauty of a tournament unlike any other
Yann DELAIGUE, former international Rugby player (20 caps, 3 French Championships titles, one European Championship title) and already organizer of several Beach Rugby Tournaments, reiterates and creates with his partner, Stéphane Rouault, a new form of rugby, the "Snow Rugby".
He had the idea for the “Tournoi des 6 Stations” during ski holidays. An oval ball, friends and snow ... the concept was born. Beyond the sport, Yann Delaigue realized first and foremost that rugby and mountain shared the same values: solidarity, team spirit, friendliness, respect and sharing.
Rather than just a match, he had the idea to organize a proper tournament, inspired by the mythical 6 Nations Tournament, with teams composed of amateurs and former international players. It’s also a way to promote rugby differently ... after the beach rugby, it’s time for the snow rugby!