The baroque church of Villargerel is dedicated to Saint Martin. The building, rebuilt in 1682-1685, has a centred plan with a dome illuminated by a lantern. The inside is remarkable for its wall paintings and altarpieces .
Inside, the church has received a scenery of very interesting wall paintings. The dome is divided into eight vaults decorated with medallions representing the apostles. Jacques Clérant realized the altarpiece in 1707: six twisted columns separate three parts including a painting of the Crucifixion. On each side there are Saints. On the left: St. Mary, St. John and St. Catherine. On the right: St. Francis de Sales, St. Sebastian and St. Anthony.