Contact-us Read our reviews ★
Switch season

Chapelles à Saint-Oyen

❮ Back

Chapelles à Saint-Oyen
in Grand-Aigueblanche

All year round, daily.

Pratical informations


73260 Grand-Aigueblanche
Go to web site
Free access


The Saint-Roch Chapel was completed in 1634, that is four years after the plague of 1630. It is dedicated to Saint Roch, Saint Fabian and Saint Sebastian invoked against this disease.

The people provided the chapel with goods that annually brought in a bichet of wheat, two bichets of rye, two bichets of barley and six of florins. Rectors who succeeded had to celebrate that once a month. The inhabitants of the village received the patronage right from the beginning and kept it until the Revolution.


Free access.