This chapel from the early 17th Century is dedicated to Our Lady of the Snows, by way of thanks after a storm that spared the Mont hamlet.
Notre Dame des Neiges, celebrated on 5th August, is invoked against avalanches.
Quoted the first time in 1709, the chapel is built instead of an old attic. It was repaired the first time in 1829 on request of the Bishop.
The restoration of 1990 partly revealed its past. Cleared of its render, the main facade has unveiled a vaulted porch. This let us believe that it was an opened chapel as some remain in Tarentaise. The current bell was produced by the foundry Paccard in Annecy.